The buyer is accountable for the entire procurement process for assigned product categories, for PSA Antwerp and its related companies in Belgium.
- As buyer, you will run the entire “source to procure process” for your assigned product categories, including tender processes that comply with internal guidelines and authority limits.
- You will identify, evaluate and select suppliers that can fulfill the needs of PSA and/or its related entities, taking into account quality, cost, safety, service level and technology.
- In close cooperation with the internal customers, you will provide inputs for specifications and assist where needed to define budgets.
- You will be able to lead the tender process, including supplier negotiations to secure the best possible conditions considering total cost of ownership, quality, safety, service and technology.
- Together with legal and other departments in the company, you will be responsible to draft suppliers’ contracts and review terms and conditions.
- Change management, monitoring supplier performance and resolution of (potential) supplier issues in a proactive manner will be required as part of your job scope.
- As a highly self-motivated individual, you will take the initiative to continuously review work processes and make suggestions to improve the status quo.
This role reports functionally to the Team Manager Procurement, with occasional reporting to the Procurement Manager on a project basis.
Education: Master degree
- At least 3 years working experience in a similar procurement position, preferably within an international context
- Knowledge of and experience in dealing with complex contracts involving multiple entities
- Experience in procurement of IT services and projects is an advantage
- Good contractual knowledge including legal, liability and risk management matters
- Good knowledge of compliance matters regarding procurement procedures
Languages: Fluent in Dutch and English, both spoken and written
IT skills: Profound knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong people and negotiating skills, with some supervisory experience
- Result-oriented and high initiative
- Analytical, structured and organized in approaching tasks and issues.
- Ability to manage projects and priorities and strives to meet deadlines
- Being able to work in a team as well as independently
- Cost conscious approach
- Having the correct mindset and open to learn
- Highly interested in IT and newest technologies
PSA Antwerp / MPET / ATS : One Team in the port of Antwerp
PSA is a leading global port group, specialized in container handling. The group handles approximately 200,000 containers on a daily basis, spread across Asia, America and Europe with flagship operations in Singapore and Antwerp. In Antwerp, PSA operates 3 container terminals: 2 of which are 100% PSA owned (Noordzee terminal and Europa terminal) and is a 1 joint venture with TIL (MSC): the ‘MSC PSA European Terminal’, in short MPET. Together, PSA and MPET handle more than 80% of the total container volume in Antwerp.
In 2015, PSA Antwerp and MPET established the subsidiary company ‘Antwerp Terminal Services’ (ATS) to integrate operational activities in a joint structure. ATS supports both companies in the following areas: Technical services, HSSE (Safety, Health, Security and Environment) and barge planning.
Together, these 3 companies provide a firm and strong group in the Port of Antwerp. Our terminals operate 24/7; a dynamic and well-oiled machine, thanks to the teamwork of our 3,000 motivated employees. All with their own expertise but with a shared passion.
A team that you want to be part of?
Now is your chance!
- Onbepaalde duur
- 3-10 jaar ervaring
Place of employment
- Napelsstraat Antwerpen ('t Eilandje)
Napelsstraat 79, 2000 Antwerpen
+32 3 260 61 11