The Compliance and Internal Audit Officer acts as the primary interface with local management and the Group Internal Audit Department, keeping both informed on progress made, issues encountered and proposed responses to each finding.
As Compliance and Internal Audit officer, it is your challenge to:
- Monitor the progress of the audit, including the delivery of data from the different departments, to ensure completion of the audit within the scheduled time;
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the key internal controls for the processes in scope;
- Recognize and recommend solutions to resolve audit findings in a timely manner;
- Develop fact based and objective conclusions and recommendations for each audit issue;
- Maintain knowledge of general business and economic developments and gain understanding of the Company's industry;
- Obtain a deep understanding of the business processes, its risks and controls and assess its design and operational effectiveness and efficiency;
- You come forward with high quality results: solid issues and strong improvement advice, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management;
- Coordinate our Enterprise Risk Management exercises including the development of Business Continuity Plans;
- Evaluate the risks identified and the effectiveness of the controls assigned to them during the Control Self Assessments;
- Perform different monitoring controls on a regular basis and improve the underlying processes were required;
- Monitor, adapt and review the proper utilization of the Delegation of Authorities matrix and Group Finance Policies and Procedures on a regular basis;
- Participate actively in other compliance or internal audit related supporting tasks such as planning, tools management, training etc;
- Maintain adequate and up to date technical knowledge in such areas as accounting, audit, information technology and other areas as required;
- Respect and protect the confidentiality of information obtained during the audit;
- Perform special assignments as requested.
- Master’s Degree in Economics;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in internal/external audit, internal control and/or risk management;
- Practical experience in Data Analytics and/or ERM implementation is a plus;
- Fluent in Dutch & English both verbal and written.
- Passion for facts and figures, excellent analytical skills and proactive problem solving approach;
- Exhibit self-confidence along with an independent and objective attitude;
- Ability to work effectively with highly confidential information;
- Excellent people and communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Accepting and providing constructive feedback, and accepting additional assignments when appropriate;
- Meeting or exceeding assigned deadlines;
- A good team player with very strong work ethics and always acting by example.
- An attractive salary package with fringe benefits;
- A warm and stable international environment;
- A tangible sector with great social relevance;
- A role with impact and visibility on international level;
- An opportunity to play a pioneering role in an innovative setting.
PSA International is a world leader in container handling. We participate in port projects across Asia, Europe and both in South and North America, with flagship operations in Singapore (is the busiest container transhipment hub in the world) and Antwerp. As a group we process annually around 85,2 million containers. Our terminal in Singapore accounts for almost half of this volume.
Our PSA EMA Region operates from Antwerp. We're active in both Europe and the Americas. On annual basis, we process over 20 million containers. We continuously build positive and long term relationships with our customers to provide the best services and innovative cargo solutions. Together we build our Internet of Logistics.
From PSA Antwerp, we operate 3 container terminals in the Port of Antwerp: Noordzee Terminal, Europa Terminal and the MSC PSA European Terminal (MPET), which is a joint-venture with TIL. All in all, we can draw upon the experience and expertise of a family of roughly 4000 employees. Thanks to our hard work, dedication and motivation, we are playing a significant part in making the group's slogan a reality: 'PSA, The World's Port of Call'.
- Min. 3 years
Place of employment
- Napelsstraat, Eilandje
Napelsstraat 79, 2000 Antwerpen
+32 3 260 61 11