The Continuous Improvement Officer will be part of the Projects & Ops Controlling Team at PSA Antwerp.
This team manages PSAA’s Operational Projects, supports the implementation of Projects at MPET, and performs Operational Controlling. It is our intent to enhance following capabilities within this team: Continuous Improvement, Data Analysis and Data management.
The Continuous Improvement Officer is involved in 3 main area’s:
- Identifies new continuous improvement opportunities based on data analysis
- Performs process analysis to support continuous improvement and project initiations
- Has an understanding on current issues and bottleneck with regards to processes, labor, infrastructure and equipment
- Calculates and reports (potential) savings per listed initiative
- Implements continuous improvement projects with support of local management and staff
- Presents and communicates project results to operational management & involved stakeholders
- Joins the operations team during sessions on KPI’s (financial, operational, HSSE and commercial)
- Analyses current operational performance in close cooperation with the terminal management
- Executes data analyses for operational management to improve productivity and reduce costs
- Introduces data (use) and stimulates the use of data technology tools within operational department. e.g. Power BI
- Plays a role in the set-up of a data platform in operations
- Acts as liaison between operations and the PSA data department
- Promotes a Continuous Improvement and Data culture at all levels
- Collaboration with the Data For Excellence Team (Singapore) and the Regional Data Team.
You will be supported with sufficient opportunities to follow training courses in the field of data management and continuous improvement.
This role reports to the manager Operation Projects & Controlling
Education: Master Degree preferably with graduation in technical, economics or business administration.
- 2 to 5 years working experience on Master’s level
- Lean Six Sigma experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of the maritime industry is an advantage
Languages: Dutch and English
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Strong analytic abilities
- Proactive and self-driven
- A team player and able to work with others
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
PSA Antwerp / MPET / ATS : One Team in the port of Antwerp
PSA is a leading global port group, specialized in container handling. The group handles approximately 200,000 containers on a daily basis, spread across Asia, America and Europe with flagship operations in Singapore and Antwerp. In Antwerp, PSA operates 3 container terminals: 2 of which are 100% PSA owned (Noordzee terminal and Europa terminal) and is a 1 joint venture with TIL (MSC): the ‘MSC PSA European Terminal’, in short MPET. Together, PSA and MPET handle more than 80% of the total container volume in Antwerp.
In 2015, PSA Antwerp and MPET established the subsidiary company ‘Antwerp Terminal Services’ (ATS) to integrate operational activities in a joint structure. ATS supports both companies in the following areas: Technical services, HSSE (Safety, Health, Security and Environment) and barge planning.
Together, these 3 companies provide a firm and strong group in the Port of Antwerp. Our terminals operate 24/7; a dynamic and well-oiled machine, thanks to the teamwork of our 3,000 motivated employees. All with their own expertise but with a shared passion.
A team that you want to be part of? Now is your chance!
- Fixed Contract
- 2 to 5 years Master's Level
Place of employment
- North Sea Terminal
Napelsstraat 79, 2000 Antwerpen
+32 3 260 61 11