As part of a broad digital transformation journey, PSA is investing significantly in its data analytics capabilities. In view of this, we are setting up a regional Data Excellence Competency Centre in Antwerp.
In close collaboration with the Group and local business unit subject experts, this team of 6 staff will have a pivotal role in delivering a full suite of data analytics capabilities ranging from building up the organization’s governance and its cloud platform to project work on specific use cases together with the business.
As our Regional Data Engineer you have a crucial role in the technical realization of our regional cloud based platform for data and information management by using the Azure Service Components.
You understand the concept behind reference architectures for enterprise reporting, IoT applications and advanced analytics and is effective and efficient in activating and configuring such architectures in order to realize the required functionality.
Your challenge will be to:
- Understand, realize and maintain the reference architecture as well as the total orchestration of services;
- Support the design, implementation and maintenance of data flow channels and data processing systems to extract, transform, load and integrate data from various sources in an automated, scalable, repeatable and secure manner;
- Define optimal solutions to data uploading, data extraction, processing and warehousing;
- Create, handle and test code in different programming and scripting languages to develop and implement the platform;
- Foresee in the supply of log files originating in the services to feed the technical governance layer;
- Assess the opportunities and impact of new services when available;
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand needs for data structure, availability, integrity, quality, scalability and accessibility;
- Identify and validate data sources and methods for data preparation;
- Plan, implement and monitor data quality management, facilitate data cleaning, enrichment and quality improvement, assist with rectification of data quality issues.
You will report directly to the Regional Head Data Management and the Program Manager.
- You are a Master in IT or equivalent through experience;
- You have at least 3 years of experience in Azure services such as Blob, Tablestorage, Azure Batch, Azure SQL Server, Datafactory (1 or 2), JSON, Datacontracts, Azure Analysis services, Azure Poller & Azure Keyvault;
- You have proven knowledge of Data Vault and other programming languages;
- You are Microsoft Certified (bonus);
- You speak fluently English and Dutch;
- You are disciplined and organized, with a strong sense of ownership and ability to work under pressure;
- Your self-driven, proactive nature allows you to work independently as well as in teams;
- You are ability to multi-task and meet deadlines within a fast paced, changing environment;
- You are tech savvy with a passion for MS Azure.
Data infrastructure: Logical/physical data modelling, database design/optimization/administration, data integration/migration, master data/meta data management
Data understanding: Data quality analysis and testing, data mapping from business requirements collection and exploration of data
Data preparation: ETL activities, data cleaning, fusion, augmentation, feature engineering
Deployment: Data warehouse architecture, DevOps, API/interface development
Visualization: Graphical design and presentation skills, dashboards or storyboard development, BI reporting
Data Platform: Good understanding of the required building blocks in Azure and solid understanding of the concept of a data platform which connects different sources, collects & unifies data and produces Enterprise certified assets such as business tabular cubes
PSA Antwerp | MPET | ATS: ‘One Team’ in the Port of Antwerp
The secret of our success lies within our culture. With a family of 3.900 colleagues we strongly believe we can only make it as one team. A team in which you can thrive and excel, be there for each other and together, help achieve the best possible result. Each one of us are serious experts, but at the same time we're a fun loving team.
As a strong port group we handle more than 80% of all containers that reach and leave Antwerp. Together we are part of the International PSA Group, active in the most important harbors worldwide. Do you want to become part of our family too?
- fix contract
Place of employment
- located in the Port of Antwerp, Noordzee Terminal
Napelsstraat 79, 2000 Antwerpen
+32 3 260 61 11