As a data governance engineer you will work in a wide variety of projects and initiatives, ranging from supporting the build and maintenance of the PSA data Platform, securing our data assets and involvement in data interpretation with the aid of statistics and supervised machine learning models.
As a data governance engineer you will be involved in:
- Modelling a mature data vault with analytical Power BI capabilities, aligned with the Merlion Platform (PSA data platfomt) - master data management, data custody, data quality, …
- Introducing the PSA Group Governance Standard – data accountability, data access, data usage, data integrity, data retention, data security, …
This includes following accountabilities:
- Manage and coordinate the introduction, and upscaling of data and information management maturity processes, and evaluate these maturity processes
- Support by implementation of predictive maintenance techniques and remote monitoring on our equipment
- Coordinate new process improvement opportunities
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets by using statistical techniques
- Work with management to prioritize business needs
- Hunt for new or improved technologies ; a drive to innovate
You will be part of the transformation team of the technical department.
- Master degree in IT, with some background in statistics and statistical data interpretation of Master degree in Mathematics, with a strong background in IT and data engineering
- Data Governance, Data Security and Statistical Data Interpretation
- Fluent in both Dutch and English
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Drive and willingness to dig to the bottom of problems, with strong attention to details
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Strong analytic, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Challenged by complex technical problems
- A mindset that fits within the ‘can do’ mentality of the company
- An attractive salary package with fringe benefits
- A warm and stable international environment
- A tangible sector with great social relevance
- A role with impact and visibility on international level
- An opportunity to play a pioneering role in an innovative setting
PSA Antwerp and MPET (MSC PSA European Terminal) are the two largest container terminal operators of the port of Antwerp. Together they handle 80% of the container volume of the port.
With expertise and strong teamwork, all colleagues of the group make sure that, every day, thousands of containers smoothly find their way to their destination.
Both companies established in 2015 Antwerp Terminal Services NV. ATS acts as a service organization towards both companies. With 400 colleagues, its Engineering Department provides asset management, engineering and technical maintenance services to the Antwerp terminals of PSA Antwerp and MPET.
MPET/PSAA/ATS are on the brink of a new era, confronting with a change in technology, s.a. hybridisation/ electrification of currently mechanical driven assets (Diesel electric SC to hybrid / Full Electric SC’s), …
The organisation needs to be aligned with the new challenges in a changed environment.
All these changes and adaptations need to be planned, monitored and if needed reinforced or adjusted. To support this, a mature data management is needed.
Napelsstraat 79, 2000 Antwerpen
+32 3 260 61 11