Do you want to be part of the fascinating world of port equipment, machinery and structures? A technical challenging job, visible results, great colleagues and growth opportunities!
Our Engineering department of ATS is looking for a Mechanical and Structural engineer to join the team.
You are: Passionate about Machinery Engineering, Mathematics and Design
As Mechanical and Structural engineer, you have a core function within the Engineering and Projects department of ATS. As a born engineer, you are, or you become, a specialist in machinery engineering, in the heavy mechanisms and the steel structures of harbor cranes.
- You dive deep into the applicable norms, standards, design and safety rules and calculations.
- You are heavily involved in all the equipment newbuilding and equipment modification / upgrade projects, in all phases of the project.
- You take care of the specifications which relate to mechanical and structural matters and you are the speaking partner of our suppliers.
- You are the technical lead of mechanical and structural design review phases of crane newbuilding or modification projects. You challenge the design, assumptions and calculations of suppliers and engineering subcontractors. You verify and approve the construction drawings, calculations and sizing’s of the crane structure, of components and subsystems.
- You work together with an external engineering company assisting you in making shadow models. You work with advanced engineering software, s.a. FEM software for crane design Krasta. We will soon expand our engineering capabilities with Ansys.
- You perform or evaluate stability and structural calculations (stiffness, fatigue,..) and dynamic analysis.
- You work closely together with our maintenance and repair teams, assisting them in discussions and root cause analysis of structural or mechanical problems of equipment in operation.
- You work in close cooperation with your colleagues, project managers, your colleagues of the maintenance departments, with suppliers and with external engineering partners.
We appreciate a vast work experience as structural and / or mechanical engineer, but we also value candidates with less experience but with the drive, knowledge and capability to grow as a technical expert.
- Master degree in engineering (specialization mechanical, electro-mechanical, construction)
- Fluently in Dutch and English
- Good operational knowledge of MS Office. Experience with AutoCAD and advanced engineering software.
- An attractive salary package with fringe benefits
- A warm and stable international environment
- A tangible sector with great social relevance
- A role with impact and visibility on international level
- An opportunity to play a pioneering role in an innovative setting
PSA Antwerp / MPET / ATS : One Team in the port of Antwerp
PSA is a leading global port group, specialized in container handling. The group handles approximately 200,000 containers on a daily basis, spread across Asia, America and Europe with flagship operations in Singapore and Antwerp. In Antwerp, PSA operates 3 container terminals: 2 of which are 100% PSA owned (Noordzee terminal and Europa terminal) and is a 1 joint venture with TIL (MSC): the ‘MSC PSA European Terminal’, in short MPET. Together, PSA and MPET handle more than 80% of the total container volume in Antwerp.
In 2015, PSA Antwerp and MPET established the subsidiary company ‘Antwerp Terminal Services’ (ATS) to integrate operational activities in a joint structure. ATS supports both companies in the following areas: Technical services, HSSE (Safety, Health, Security and Environment) and barge planning.
Together, these 3 companies provide a firm and strong group in the Port of Antwerp. Our terminals operate 24/7; a dynamic and well-oiled machine, thanks to the teamwork of our 4.000 motivated employees. All with their own expertise but with a shared passion.
Napelsstraat 79, 2000 Antwerpen
+32 3 260 61 11