• You bear the responsibility for the operational and administrative side of the planning. Based on the customer's priorities, you set up the barges and follow them up. You ensure sufficient closing containers at the terminal and avoid loss of valuable time and increasing waiting times. You also handle all administrative aspects: registration, processing, planning and execution of the operations.
• You organize and reorganize barges in a correct way with the Barge Planning Tool, our customized application.
• You ensure follow-up of all operations on the spot. You organize barge schedules and check arrival times and the scheduled shifts. You double check the positions of the barges and adjust any barge plans when timing, balances, berths, ... are compromised.
• You monitor the KPI results of the barge planning / handling for sections such as waiting times, idle time, optimal planning, etc.
• You constantly communicate with supervisors and CBPA managers and colleagues, including shift transfer. And you also maintain contact with your operational employees situated at the PSA / MPET or other terminals.
• You communicate with captains and planners of barge operators concerning planning.
• You report on claims, risk files, claims and safety issues to supervisors and CBPA managers.
The work at CPBA never stops and includes work in shift system (early/late/night) and also weekend work.
You have a bachelor's degree or you can match that by experience. Ideally, you have gained some experience in a planning or operational function within the maritime sector. You are fluent in both Dutch and English. Experience within the port of Antwerp is a big plus!
You are flexible and react good to strict deadlines. You are a strong communicator, both with colleagues as with customers. You take initiative and you like to work independently but are also a team player. You tackle conflicts in a constructive and reasoned way.
PSA Antwerp / MPET / ATS : One Team in the port of Antwerp
PSA is a leading global port group, specialized in container handling. The group handles approximately 200,000 containers on a daily basis, spread across Asia, America and Europe with flagship operations in Singapore and Antwerp. In Antwerp, PSA operates 3 container terminals: 2 of which are 100% PSA owned (Noordzee terminal and Europa terminal) and is a 1 joint venture with TIL (MSC): the ‘MSC PSA European Terminal’, in short MPET. Together, PSA and MPET handle more than 80% of the total container volume in Antwerp.
In 2015, PSA Antwerp and MPET established the subsidiary company ‘Antwerp Terminal Services’ (ATS) to integrate operational activities in a joint structure. ATS supports both companies in the following areas: Technical services, HSSE (Safety, Health, Security and Environment) and barge planning.
Together, these 3 companies provide a firm and strong group in the Port of Antwerp. Our terminals operate 24/7; a dynamic and well-oiled machine, thanks to the teamwork of our 3,000 motivated employees. All with their own expertise but with a shared passion.
A team that you want to be part of? Now is your chance!
Napelsstraat 79, 2000 Antwerpen
+32 3 260 61 11