Antwerp Terminal Services (ATS) is a subsidiary of PSA Antwerp and MPET - the two largest container terminal operators in the port of Antwerp. We provide services to both shareholders. Our technical department manages all assets, performs maintenance and engineering tasks and manages the technical projects for the five terminals.
To complement the ATS team at the MPET terminal, at the Deurganck dock, we are still looking for a Planner to strenghten our technical department. You will be a real key figure in our rolling stock service: you will plan and thoroughly prepare all maintenance and repair activities for 230 container lifts - of various types and constructors. Planning is a complex exercise, because the container lifts are used intensively: around the clock in 3 shifts.
You will work closely together with the foremen who carry out the maintenance and repairs and you will provide guidance in their activities. Thus, their effectiveness and performances will depend on your preparation. Safety - of the foremen in general - is paramount in everything you will do. You will also manage to work easily and efficiently with the other departments within the technical department, such as Warehouses, Terminal Operations and Purchasing.
Your job responsibilities?
Planning and preparation
- You will plan all the maintenances and repairs.
- You will make sure that the necessary equipment is available: you will place orders and ensure a precise follow-up.
- You will prepare an efficient personnel planning.
- You will organize and plan works by suppliers at the terminal. You will guarantee that all suppliers submit the right certificates.
- You will guide start-up meetings in the right direction.
- You will draft work preparations and methods.
- You will communicate intensively with the operations department and with your colleagues of the rolling stock department.
- You will constantly be working on the preventive maintenance works by analyzing recurring malfunctions and defects.
- You will process inspection reports an you will plan the necessary corrections.
- You will analyze the working methods and you will make adjustments where necessary.
- You will take care of the follow-up of guarantee cases and you will discuss them with the suppliers.
- You will interpret technical analyses of the container lifts and you will monitor the backlog.
You will report to the manager rolling equipment.
You have a bachelor or master degree in industrial sciences or industrial engineer. You preferably have five years of experience with maintenance techniques. And you have mastered the basics of mechanics, hydraulics and electricity. Having knowledge of the MS Office package or Maintenance Management System is a plus. You express yourself fluently in Dutch and English.
You feel comfortable among people and that’s why you communicate easily. Taking initiatives does not frighten you. You remain in control. You quickly see connections and you use a planned approach. In addition, you are flexible and you can deal well with last-minute changes.
Are you familiar with the following things? Then you have an edge with us.
On the mechanical level:
- Plan reading
- Hydraulics, hydraulic power transmission and control
- Lubrication and lubrication techniques
- Mechanical drives such as gearboxes, drive shafts and clutches
- Bearings and seals
On the electric level :
- Basic knowledge of electricity
- Plan reading
- Electric engines (both alternating and direct power)
- Frequency controls
PSA Antwerp / MPET / ATS : One Team in the port of Antwerp
PSA is a leading global port group, specialized in container handling. The group handles approximately 200,000 containers on a daily basis, spread across Asia, America and Europe with flagship operations in Singapore and Antwerp. In Antwerp, PSA operates 3 container terminals: 2 of which are 100% PSA owned (Noordzee terminal and Europa terminal) and is a 1 joint venture with TIL (MSC): the ‘MSC PSA European Terminal’, in short MPET. Together, PSA and MPET handle more than 80% of the total container volume in Antwerp.
In 2015, PSA Antwerp and MPET established the subsidiary company ‘Antwerp Terminal Services’ (ATS) to integrate operational activities in a joint structure. ATS supports both companies in the following areas: Technical services, HSSE (Safety, Health, Security and Environment) and barge planning.
Together, these 3 companies provide a firm and strong group in the Port of Antwerp. Our terminals operate 24/7; a dynamic and well-oiled machine, thanks to the teamwork of our 3,000 motivated employees. All with their own expertise but with a shared passion.
A team that you want to be part of? Now is your chance!
- Fixed Contract
- 5 years
Place of employment
- Deurganckdok, Doel
Napelsstraat 79, 2000 Antwerpen
+32 3 260 61 11