This position is with the Technology team (EARTECH), within the EMEA (EuroMed & the Americas) region situated in Antwerp Belgium.
The Build and release engineer works on a variety of software development and deployment projects, ensuring that each version and release is thoroughly tested for performance and reliability. This is a programming-intensive job, requiring extensive familiarity with scripting languages along with adherence to best practices for version control and bug tracking.
- Develop and Deploy Software : The build and release engineer works closely with others to determine the functional requirements of the software or application, then uses various scripting and programming languages to develop, test, and deploy the software.
- Manage Version Control. The build and release engineer plays an important role in version control efforts and ensuring that the most current version of the software includes all of the necessary updates. This aspect of the role requires extensive familiarity with version control systems like Git and a high level of attention to detail as the build and release engineer examines changes to the source code and determines whether to incorporate them into a release.
- Resolve Software Issues. Another major responsibility of the build and release engineer is leading bug fixing and troubleshooting for each software version. The build and release engineer may review user-reported bugs, crash logs, and software reviews to identify areas that need improvement and attention. The build and release engineer then proposes and implements fixes that resolve those bugs without interrupting functionality or stability.
- Maintain Documentation. Throughout the development and deployment process, the build and release engineer maintains software documentation. This documentation can include information about stable release versions, identified and resolved bugs, and potential issues that the developers may need to address post-deployment.
- Contribute to Continuous Delivery Cycle. The build and release engineer supports continuous delivery programs in which patches, new versions, and bug fixes are more frequently deployed without sacrificing stability or reliability.
- This position requires physical allocation in Belgium
- This role reports to the Delivery Manager
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s IT degree with 3 to 5 years of experience in software development processes and IT projects
- Experience in programming languages
- Analytical mind with problem solving attitude
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a Team
- Communication: expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information.
- Problem Solving: identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations
- Version control software (e.g. Git, Apache Subversion)
- Issue tracking software (e.g. JIRA, Redmine)
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, with an organized and methodical approach
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Open to work with colleagues of other cultures
Plaats van tewerkstelling
- Napelsstraat 79, 2000 Antwerpen
Napelsstraat 79, 2000 Antwerpen
+32 3 260 61 11