The data model developer has a crucial role in enabling the business to derive value from our regional cloud based platform for data and information management by designing and maintaining the Unified Data Model and realizing the business logic which turns collected data into business information offered to key user with friendly information tools.
- Is overall responsible for managing the Unified Data Model
- Develops Olap/tabular cubes containing a variety of (enriched) data as ingredient and reflecting business logic and KPI’s.
- Warrants the consistent growth of the data model
- Foresees all relevant technical documentation related to the databases, ETL processes, stored procedures, etc. and ensures that they can be created in an automated manner
- Implements the security governance in the data assets
- Aligns with the other technical team members and in particular the data engineer to configure performance and backups of the vault.
Reports to the Regional Head Data Management and the Program Manager.
- Master degree or equivalent through experience
- At least 5 years of experience in MS SQL Server, SSIS/SSAS, MS Data Tools, Stored Procedures, Microsoft Azure Services, PowerBI - excellent knowledge of database technology and tools
- Very experienced in handling MS databases on premise and in the cloud
- Knowledge of Data Vault is an asset
- Microsoft certification is an asset
- Preferably knowledge in a specific functional domain such as finance or sales
- Strong command of English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- Data infrastructure: Logical/physical data modelling, database design/optimization/administration, data integration/migration, master data/meta data management
- Data understanding: Data quality analysis and testing, data mapping from business requirements collection and exploration of data
- Data preparation: ETL activities, data cleaning, fusion, augmentation, feature engineering
- Deployment: Data warehouse architecture, DevOps, API/interface development
- Visualization: Graphical design and presentation skills, dashboards or storyboard development, BI Reporting
- Data Platform: Familiar with the Azure services and understand the concept of a data platform which connects different sources, collects & unifies data and produces Enterprise certified assets such as business tabular cubes
- Disciplined and organized, with a strong sense of ownership and ability to work under pressure
- Self-driven, proactive, able to work independently as well as in teams
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines within a fast paced, changing environment
- Motivated to work with new technologies
- An attractive salary package with fringe benefits;
- A warm international environment;
- A tangible sector with great social relevance;
- An impact through big data so you can count on plenty of attention from within the organization as well as the necessary financial resources;
- A role with impact and visibility, both within the local organization and on international level;
- An opportunity to play a pioneering role in a technically innovative environment.
PSA International is a world leader in container handling. We participate in port projects across Asia, Europe and both in South and North America, with flagship operations in Singapore (is the busiest container transhipment hub in the world) and Antwerp. As a group we process annually around 85,2 million containers. Our terminal in Singapore accounts for almost half of this volume.
Our PSA EMA Region operates from Antwerp. We're active in both Europe and the Americas. On annual basis, we process over 42 million containers. We continuously build positive and long term relationships with our customers to provide the best services and innovative cargo solutions. Together we build our Internet of Logistics.
From PSA Antwerp, we operate 3 container terminals in the Port of Antwerp: Noordzee Terminal, Europa Terminal and the MSC PSA European Terminal (MPET), which is a joint-venture with TIL. All in all, we can draw upon the experience and expertise of a family of roughly 4000 employees. Thanks to our hard work, dedication and motivation, we are playing a significant part in making the group's slogan a reality: 'PSA, The World's Port of Call'.
As part of a broad digital transformation journey, PSA is investing significantly in its data analytics capabilities.
In view of this, we are setting up a regional Data Excellence Competency Centre in Antwerp.
In close collaboration with the Group and local business unit subject experts, this team of 6 staff will have a pivotal role in delivering a full suite of data analytics capabilities ranging from building up the organization’s governance and its cloud platform to project work on specific use cases together with the business.
- fixed contract
Plaats van tewerkstelling
- located in the Port of Antwerp, Noordzee Terminal
Napelsstraat 79, 2000 Antwerpen
+32 3 260 61 11